A note on remote working: Cazana has always embraced remote working. Due to COVID-19, we have doubled down on this, and as a result, this role can be a fully remote one. We are happy for you to work wherever suits you best, even if that is not our lovely shiny office. Post-COVID, you will be able to use the office if you would like, but you will only be required to do so if your manager has a good reason to get everyone together. We are now a fully distributed workforce and will be maintaining that approach even after the pandemic.
So, we're different. We’re different in that, our data is awesome. As a result, we sell our data as much as we sell our product, often through the building and deployment of APIs.
For this reason, we’re looking for a Data Product Manager. Someone who has the technical interest to work within this space, but who also carries some product management experience.
We know this isn’t a normal Product Manager role, but that’s what has us all excited.
You have worked as a Product Manager for a year or so. You may not be the most seasoned Product manager out there, but you are a doer. You get things done.
You are familiar with the full end to end cycle of product management, but where you are known is your knowledge and interest in the technical aspects of SaaS products. People know that you understand the technical stuff more than your average Product manager. Maybe you have a background in development and decided to switch over to the product. Nevertheless, as a result, you have an interest in working on the complex technical aspects of a product that is stronger than your peers.
You are curious, wanting to learn more, and you want to carve out a role for yourself that isn’t a usual Product Manager role.
However, you just don’t know how you can do that in your current role. Sure, you get more involved with the technical than other PMs, but you are still a Product Manager, and this leaves you restless.
Don’t be restless. Come and work with us.
About us and what you will be doing:
We’re different. We’re using tech to seriously mess with a traditionally manual part of the automotive sector. We’re ambitious, and strongly backed, whilst still being masters of what we do.
Using big data and predictive analytics, Cazana analyses millions of automotive transactions daily. Its award-winning technology gives real-time access to the value and the risk associated with every vehicle on the road. The company is trusted by industry leaders such as dealerships, insurers, financial institutions, and manufacturers.
As our Data Product Manager, you will be a part of our Product team. However, you will be working super closely with our Data and Engineering teams. You will be tasked with owning the API product lifecycle and be confident in using MySQL to deep dive into multiple databases to fully understand our large datasets. We sell APIs into numerous sectors, and in numerous forms, so wrapping your head around this, and working with the Chief Product Officer, and Senior Product Manager to improve the API proposition, as well as working with the Data and Engineering teams on their overall management of these products will be right where you live.
You will also be responsible for managing a few remote Data administrators, whose role within the business is bespoke data collection, as well as managing external clients and their data sources.
This will be quite the specialist role inside Cazana, and we’d love you to be able to bring with you some Product Management knowledge to bolster our team. We recognise that our team has done a fantastic job growing to date, but this role is quite niche, and so we are looking for someone who can come on board, make the role their own, and add value from day 1. There will be learning on your part, but you will be needed to add value quickly, working on things autonomously whilst aligning with the wider product team. Your experience in Product is what will help you achieve this.
Salary offer: £45-£60k per annum (dependant upon experience)
You must have:
- 1-2 years experience in a Product Manager role
- Knowledge and understanding of how APIs are built, deployed, used and measured as a product
- Knowledge of Product Management models and methods, and experience of working within some of these
- A passion for identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations and needs
You must be able to
- Navigate various databases including, but not limited to MySQL
- Sit in a room with engineers and Data Scientists, and not be lost in the conversation.
- Work with sales and customers to understand our customer needs, then translate them back to our engineers and scientists
- Advocate for the Data team, helping other departments understand workloads and roadmaps so that the engineering team can work effectively
- Work quickly and to a high level of quality with autonomy
It would be nice for you to have:
- Experience as a Product Manager within a SaaS environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience managing data sources gathered from external clients
- Experience managing data collection conducted internally